Beef goulash is a complete dish, easy to make especially if you come home exhausted from work. Sometimes called Slumgullion, it is similar to American chop suey.
Goulash which is part of the Comfort food a popular dish in the United States that is made of ground beef, pasta (different kinds but usually macaroni or noodles are the most used) without forgetting the herbs (onions, garlic, canned tomatoes), as well as the cheese that is added at the end of cooking.
The goulash has the same principle as the one pot pasta: you pour the ingredients into the pot and let it cook quietly, covered, stirring from time to time so that the sauce does not stick to the bottom of the pot. An economical and inexpensive dish, accessible to any family, especially since you will need a minimum of basic ingredients to make this recipe.
When I saw the American Goulash recipe a few days ago on my friend dinner, I knew that I was going to make this dish, my wife and my daughters have tasted it before.
I made a few small changes by using salt that has been seasoned beforehand which brings a lot of flavor, I also omitted the red bell pepper because I forgot to buy it, but that doesn’t take anything away from the taste.
Recipe Type: Flat
- 15.9 oz of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 cup | 375 ml water
- 1 can (15 oz | 425 gram ) of tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz | 395 gram) crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 c-a-soup | 20 ml soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon flavoured salt soup (or regular salt)
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 c-a-soup of Italian spices or herbs from Provence
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup | 150 g uncooked macaroni
- ½ cup | 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- Start by cooking the ground meat in a pot until it turns brown.
- Drain the ground meat in a colander and return it to the pot, add the onion and garlic and cook while stirring until the onion takes a translucent color (about 5 minutes).
- Add water, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, as well as herbs (bay leaf, Italian spices), spices (salt, pepper and paprika) and soy sauce.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the macaroni and continue cooking for about 30 minutes covered. Stir from time to time.
- At the end of cooking remove the bay leaf and pour the cheddar cheese just before serving.