The apple pie dumplings are a dessert that is served in many countries, but they originated in New York. The dessert is made of apple pie filling wrapped in pastry dough and then baked.
Apple Pie Dumplings is a classic American dessert. They are easy to make and can be served warm or cold.
When you think of an apple pie, you think about the sweet, juicy apples that fill the pie crust with flavor. With these dumplings, you get that same taste without any work!
These apple pie dumplings are made by combining all of the ingredients together in a bowl and then spooning them into a muffin tin. The result is a delicious dessert that tastes like the best part of an apple pie in every bite!
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon of margarine at room temperature.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- Mix the margarine with the flour and salt, then add the cold water. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 3 medium apples
- brown sugar
- 200 ml of water
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- Peel the apples. Mix a little brown sugar with cinnamon.
- Boil a cup and a half of brown sugar with 200 ml of water, set aside.
- Divide the dough into three (for each apple).
- Cut the dough into squares; I measured it with a napkin.
- Fill the apples with raisins and the sugar mixture.
- Gather the dough edges together to make a handkerchief.
- Brush with caramel and bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180º. Repeat this step three times, i.e. while baking, open the oven and brush with caramel.