With this Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie recipe, you will get a delicious dessert with little effort. This is because we have chosen to share an easy, quick, and uncomplicated lemon pie with ingredients that everyone can have at home.
On the other hand, we will also teach you how to prepare a simple shortcrust pastry for the base, although if you prefer, you can choose to buy it already made and save that time. Stay at Ineskohl.info and discover how to make a lemon pie without condensed milk step by step and delicious!
Ingredients to make Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie step by step:
- 75 grams of wheat flour
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 25 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 whole eggs
- 100 grams of powdered sugar
- 125 grams of milk cream
- 2 lemons
How to make Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie step by step:
- Get all the ingredients ready to start preparing the lemon pie with shortcrust pastry. If you don’t get the powdered sugar, you can make it yourself by following the simple steps in our powdered sugar recipe.
- To start preparing the lemon pie dough, take a bowl and mix the flour with the butter with your fingers until it forms a kind of crumbs. To make it easier for you to carry out this task, we recommend that the flour is cold and cut into cubes. Then add the sugar and continue mixing.
- Once the previous ingredients are integrated, add the egg yolk and knead until the crumbly dough is formed. Make a ball with it, wrap it with plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator for one hour.
- After the resting time, knead again and stretch the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of three millimeters. Then cover the base and edges of the mold with it, remove the excess dough and prick the base with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming during baking.
- Cover the dough with a baking sheet, place weight on it (such as legumes) and bake the shortcrust pastry for 25 minutes at 180 ºC. After this time, remove the weight and bake for five more minutes.
- While the lemon tart base is baking, take the opportunity to prepare the filling. To do this, beat the eggs with the sugar.
- Squeeze the lemons and add the juice obtained to the previous mixture. Add the cream and continue beating until the filling is homogeneous and of a certain thickness. Reserve the lemon cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When both the base and the filling are ready, pour the previous cream over the baked dough and bake the lemon pie for 35 minutes at 170 ºC, or until it is ready.
- Remove the homemade pie from the oven when it is done, let it cool and decorate with powdered sugar on top and, if you like, some lemon slices. Serve the lemon pie as a dessert and surprise your guests with an easy, quick, and delicious recipe. Although we have not chosen to make a meringue for the topping if you wish, you can follow this simple recipe for a lemon pie with meringue.
If you liked the recipe for homemade lemon pie step by step, we suggest visiting our Cake recipes category.