This dish is easy enough for a weekday meal but is nice enough to be served at a slightly more refined meal. It is full of fresh and delicious flavors and goes perfectly with small potatoes or rice.
Preparation: 20min ‘ Cooking: 25min ‘ Ready in : 45min
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8″ square baking dish.
- Place chicken between two thick sheets of plastic wrap (a Ziploc bag works just as well) and flatten with a meat tenderizer to a thickness of ¼ in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 asparagus spears on each flattened chicken breast and spread half of the mozzarella cheese. Roll the breasts around the asparagus and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink. A meat thermometer should read 165°F (75°C).