Corn, Bacon and Cheddar Potato Pancakes are delicious and simple dishes to make. Here is the recipe and some tips
Corn, bacon and cheddar potato pancakes are very simple and tasty dishes that will be made with a dough made of eggs, milk and flour. A variation of the classic potato pancakes is even more special and delicious.
The whole thing will be enriched with a bit of garlic and chives. Serve the patties preferably with a steamed vegetable mixture or a mixed seasonal salad. With these patties, you can also enrich a buffet, but they can be transformed into a tasty and delicious appetizer, depending on your needs.
Let’s see how to prepare these patties
A side dish made of mashed potatoes, cheese and bacon.
Fried in a bit of butter, it is delicious!
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pepper and salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a skillet, cook the bacon for about 8 minutes. Cut into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- In 2 tablespoons of bacon fat, cook the garlic and onion.
- After a few minutes, add the bacon and the rest of the ingredients except the butter, mix with a spoon.
- In a clean pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Form ¼ cup of mixture into balls.
- Place them in the hot skillet, you can flatten them a bit.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with green onions, sour cream or ketchup.