If there’s one great comfort food a lot of people enjoy, that would be potato pancakes. They can be crunchy, but also delightful to enjoy with the entire family. Kids, in particular, love them a lot, since they are boosting their energy levels. Thankfully, preparing the potato pancakes is not as hard as you might expect, even though it does have its fair share of challenges.
The potato pancakes recipe in particular takes around 30 minutes to prepare and it just has a handful of ingredients. Most recipes will require a whole lot more, and that’s the thing that makes them so different. It will keep you full, so you will eat less and lose weight too. Despite that, it’s extremely tasty and a delight to try out with the entire family.
In Ineskohl Kitchen I will show you my recipe for Potato Pancakes.
Author: Ineskohl Kitchen
Ingredients for potato pancakes
- 4 larger potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, medium-sized
- A quarter of a cup of flour, all-purpose
- Half a tsp of sea salt
- A quarter tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
Preparing the potato pancakes
- One of the easiest ways to prepare potato pancakes is with a food processor. You first have to peel the onion and potatoes, then cut them into smaller cubes.
- Add all the veggies to the food processor and keep them there for 2 minutes until there are no lumps.
- Now add the potato mix to the kitchen towel or a strainer. The idea here is to remove all the liquid and add it all in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the liquid and you will see there is a white powder in the bowl. That’s the potato starch that adds texture to the recipe, so you have to keep it there.
- Now you want to place the potato mix in the bowl, add flour and eggs, and maybe even a little pepper and salt. After you did that, you will need to mix it all and ensure it’s mixed together properly.
- We now recommend heating the veggie oil in a nonstick skillet, keep that at medium heat if possible. Then you can some potato mix, a spoonful will do, you have to spread it a little. Fry it for 3 minutes or until you see the pancakes are brown and a little crispy.
- When you finish the recipe you can add the pancakes to the paper towel. That’s important because it helps you remove all the excess oil.
The potato pancakes are a wonderful recipe for the entire family and you can easily serve it with sour cream if you want. Additionally, you do want to prepare them a bit before you invite your family, since eating them a little colder is a great idea. It adds to the recipe and quality which is great!
If you liked this potato pancakes recipe, I recommend you visit Dinner category for similar recipes.