An improved version of chicken breasts stuffed with a tasty mixture of ham, cheese, and mushrooms, all wrapped in bacon.
Preparation: 1h ‘ Cooking: 45min ‘ Ready in : 1h45min
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 case (227 g) white mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 12 small boneless chicken breasts
- 12 slices of cooked ham
- 2 cups Havarti pepper cheese, grated
- 24 slices of bacon
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; sauté onion with mushrooms, salt, and pepper for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs; stir to combine.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten with a meat pestle to a thickness of 1/2 cm. Place a slice of ham, some mushroom filling, and grated cheese on each cutlet. Roll the breasts around the filling and coat each with 2 slices of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place in a large baking dish.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink and filling is hot for about 35 minutes. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken should read at least 165°F (74°C).
- Heat oven to broil and cook 5-10 minutes, turning chicken breasts over, to brown bacon. Serve hot.