Baked chicken wings in a delicious American-style sauce. For a better taste, marinate the chicken wings for 12 hours or overnight.
I often test different marinades, I have already proposed on my blog a very good marinade for baked chicken drumsticks as well as baked chicken marinated with brown sugar and soy sauce. Today’s marinade is made with brown sugar among other things which gives it an incomparable taste.
On Saturday evening we like to prepare a good homemade pizza accompanied by chicken wings in the oven, without forgetting the barbecue sauce (BBQ) which is a must-have.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Time Total: 50 mins
Recipe Type: chicken wings
- 12 chicken wings (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 60 ml tomato sauce (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml white vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml of brown sugar
- 30 ml olive oil (1/8 cup)
- 30 ml of chili powder
- ½ c-a-soup of ground coriander
- 1 c-a-c of cumin
- ½ c-a-c of salt
- 1 chopped clove of garlic (which I replaced with garlic powder)
- Rinse well and wipe the chicken wings with paper towels.
- In a saucepan mix all ingredients except chicken wings.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool.
- Place chicken wings in a large dish. Add marinade and mix well.
- Film the dish and place it in a cool place for 12 hours. Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the wings on the baking tray (space them apart). Bake for 20 minutes, turn chicken wings over, and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned.