With Labor Day right around the corner, and everybody getting back to their routine, we thought we’d whip up a one-pan dish that’s perfect for the holiday, or a quick weeknight dinner. I’m talking about sliders, but not just any sliders. Let me show you what sets these apart.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 stick butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian Sweet rolls
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced ham
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- We start by sauteing some chopped onion in a bit of butter until they’re tender. Once they are, we add some Dijon mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, and a few poppy seeds.
- Now, after cutting a package of Hawaiian rolls in half, we place the bottom part in a baking dish and spoon some of the onion mixture onto it.
- On top of that goes some thinly sliced deli ham, and some Swiss cheese. Okay, the top half goes back on, and we’ll sprinkle with the rest of the onion mixture.
- Right before it’s time to serve, cover it tightly with foil, and bake it off until the cheese is melted and everything is warmed through.
- Then all you have to do is cut it into sliders! Let me assure you these are the most flavor-packed and the cutest sliders you’ve ever had. I really think the best part of these is that we can make them ahead of time and just warm them up at the last minute.
- The recipe for our Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders is online now, just in time to impress your family and friends this weekend. Or any of the night of the week with a dish that is huge on taste and small on work.