Baked Parmesan Tomatoes is an easy recipe that provides us with a tasty, nutritious, and economical starter or side dish. These baked tomatoes will go great with meat, from a succulent roast to a salt-baked tenderloin or grilled chicken breast. It is also a good garnish for grilled fish, steamed, baked … Surely you can think of many dishes to incorporate this recipe of tomatoes; they are delicious.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 12 tomatoes (type San Marzano)
- 60 grams bread crumbs
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 20 grams of Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt (optional)
- Fresh basil.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C with heat up and down. While it is heating, prepare the tomatoes, wash them well, cut them in half, and put them on the baking tray covered with a Teflon sheet or parchment paper.
- Season with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and if desired a pinch of salt, although it is not necessary because the breadcrumbs and cheese are already salted.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl, peel the garlic clove and grate it, grate the Parmesan cheese, add it all to the bread, add the oregano and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- When the oven is hot, put the tray with the tomatoes in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (if they are large tomatoes, they should be in the oven longer). When this time has passed, before they are completely done, remove the tomatoes from the oven, raise the temperature to 200º C and cover the tomatoes with the Parmesan mixture.
- Put the tray back in the oven, now in the highest part of the oven, so that it gratinates quickly. In about 10-15 minutes, the crumble should be crispy and golden brown. Then remove the tray from the oven.
- Serve the tomatoes au gratin with cheese and breadcrumbs, garnished with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and accompanied with some fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!