Cooking time: 50min
Ready in : 1h20min
- 1 lb of mixed nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds…)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a baking dish (23/33 cm).
- Sprinkle the nut and hazelnut mixture with cinnamon.
- Unroll the filo pastry and cut the pile in half to fit the size of the baking dish. Cover the dough with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.
- Place two sheets of filo at the bottom of the dish. Brush generously with melted butter. Sprinkle with two or three spoonfuls of the nut mixture. Repeat to use all the ingredients. For the last layer, use 6 sheets of filo.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 4 columns in the baklava, then slice 9 diagonal lines lengthwise to obtain 36 rhombuses.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven until the baklava is golden brown.
- While baking, mix the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then stir in the lemon zest and honey and lower the cooking temperature. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baklava from the oven and pour the syrup over it immediately.
- Allow cooling completely before serving. Do not cover.