Perfect for a cake for everything!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups of flour
- 1-½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup softened butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-½ cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Grease and flour a 9 X 13-inch rectangular pan.
- Mash bananas with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In the mixer bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one by one, then add the vanilla.
- In alternation, add the flour and buttermilk.
- Incorporate the banana purée and mix until homogeneous.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, place a larger pan in the freezer.
- After baking, remove the pan from the freezer and place a clean cloth in the bottom.
- Remove the baked cake from the oven and place it in the ice cream pan.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour until completely cooled.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. Cream butter and cream cheese together in a blender bowl.
- On low speed, add vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth and silky smooth.
- Frost the cake when completely cooled and decorate with banana slices if desired.