They are soft. They are beautiful. They are good. No, they are delicious even!!!! Frankly, I have to say that my son is pretty picky when it comes to muffins. No fruit….no nuts (allergies)…no oatmeal….no carrots….no cranberries, no raisins…I can’t get by. But then I hit the nail on the head with this great recipe, and it’s perfect for passing over-ripe bananas.
- 1½ cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar (me ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, banana puree, and oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix to moisten.
- Add chocolate chips. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Note: I made 7 regular muffins that I baked for 22 minutes and 12 mini muffins that I baked for 17 minutes.