The cheesecake is a popular choice among lovers of pastries and sweets. There are hundreds of different ways to prepare it, either with or without baking, in lactose-free and vegan versions, with lime, with passion fruit or with berries.
- 1 cup and 2/3 of crushed graham crackers. You can use any similar semi-sweet cookie. A good alternative are digestive cookies or Maria cookies. The important thing is that they must be crunchy.
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon and 1/2 of vanilla extract
- 450 grams of spreadable cheese (also called cream cheese)
- 4 sliced bananas
- To serve: whipped cream and some more banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 190° C.
- In a large bowl, place the crushed cookies and 1/4 cup of sugar. Mix until both ingredients are integrated. On top, pour in the melted butter and mix again. Place this preparation inside a cake pan of approximately 23 cm and take it to the oven for seven minutes or until it looks slightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- To prepare the filling, mix 2/3 cup of sugar, salt and flour in a pan. Slowly add the milk and beat well.
- Bring the preparation to a simmer while stirring constantly. It will be ready when it thickens.
- In another bowl beat the yolks together with two cups of the mixture you prepared in the previous step.
- Pour the mixture of the previous step back into the pot and bring it to a simmer again, while stirring constantly, until it thickens. It should have a chirle or pudding like consistency.
- Remove the preparation from the fire and add the vanilla essence.
- In a big bowl, beat the cheese until it looks soft and creamy. Then, add the preparation from step 5 and mix well.
- Cover the base of the cake with 1/3 of the cream. Add the sliced bananas and cover with the rest of the preparation. Another alternative is to place the bananas on the base and cover them with the cream.
- Take the cake to the refrigerator until it gets completely cold.