Banana pie is my favorite pie and this recipe is very good. You can replace the flour with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Extra time: 1h
Ready in : 1h40min
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9″ diameter pie shell, baked
- 4 bananas
Steps of preparation
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually add milk, stirring gently. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring, then remove from heat.
- Put a small amount of this hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks and immediately add the yolks to the pan with the rest of the mixture. Return to the heat and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Slice the bananas and put them in the cooled crust. Garnish with vanilla pudding.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 12 to 15 minutes. Chill for one hour.