This recipe reminded me of when I was a child. My grandmother used to prepare smoothies with bananas that were already very ripe. With this easy recipe, you will learn how to make a banana and cookie milkshake, a complete, delicious and perfect snack to have at any time. I’m sure this milkshake will be loved by everyone at home, so let’s get to work.
Ingredients to make Banana Smoothie:
- 4 pieces of Crackers cookies
- 1½ units of banana
- 1½ glasses of skimmed milk
How to make Banana Smoothie:
- To make this delicious banana smoothie, the first thing you need to do is to get the ingredients ready. This nutritious smoothie is sugar-free because both the cookies and the fruit already contain enough sugar.
- The next step is to break up the cookies a little bit and pour them into the blender. If you don’t have a blender, you can use any blender or chop everything you have at home. I have used digestive type cookies, but you can use Maria cookies or any of your preferences.
- Next, chop the banana and add it to the blender along with the crackers. The riper the banana is, the sweeter the smoothie will be.
- Now it is the turn of the milk. Add the milk along with the other ingredients. I have used skim milk to make this delicious banana meringue less fat, but you can use any milk you want.
- Process everything for about 5 minutes or until you see that all the ingredients are crushed and integrated. You can taste the mixture and correct the flavour by adding sugar, vanilla, cinnamon or whatever you wish. I have not added any extra ingredients, and the banana smoothie is perfect.
- The banana and cookie smoothie is the perfect snack, a complete and nutritious drink to have in the middle of the afternoon or to start the day. And if you have thought about snacking, you can also prepare some butter cookies. Enjoy!
Use cold milk, so your smoothie will be cold instantly.