Barbecued Shrimp: Ingredient List
- 32 medium-sized shrimp,
- 1 untreated lime,
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- salt and pepper,
Barbecued shrimps: Preparation
- To make eight barbecued shrimp skewers, allow about 10 minutes of preparation time, 2 hours of marinade and 6 to 8 minutes of cooking time.
- Start by preparing the marinade. Peel the garlic cloves, remove the germ and blend them as finely as possible. Squeeze the lime to extract as much juice as possible.
- In a shallow dish, pour the olive oil, lime juice, chopped garlic cloves and spoonfuls of ginger powder. Add the shrimp and stir well so that they are all covered with the marinade. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Skewer your shrimp on the skewers (4 shrimp per skewer) and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the barbecue grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, taking care not to let them burn. Serve hot.
Barbecued shrimp: Tips and Tricks
You can make your barbecued shrimp brochettes with fresh or thawed shrimp of any size. If you choose gambas or very large shrimp, simply add 1 minute of cooking time on each side to ensure that they are cooked through.