This stew can be made in a very short time and is better overnight. I make it in the evening to eat at work the next day, heat it for a couple of minutes in the microwave and it’s ready to go!
- 1 large jar of cooked white beans
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sausage
- A few slices of ham
- A few pieces of green paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 dried cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Dried garlic
- In a pot put olive oil and fry the onion, garlic, and green bell pepper until it is well poached.
- Meanwhile, we take the beans out of the pot and pass them through cold water with the help of a strainer.
- When the sauce is golden brown add the ham and the sausage cut in small pieces and also the sweet paprika, stir and then add the beans and 2 glasses of water, if it does not cover the beans you can add a little more water.
- Add the cayenne pepper, the bay leaf, a pinch of salt, and the dried garlic. Let it reduce over medium heat until it starts to thicken and you start to see a lot of beans.
- If you don’t want it to sting don’t add the cayenne pepper, if you want it to have a spicy touch halfway through cooking you can take it out.