Chicken piccata is a traditional Italian dish prepared with a lemon and butter sauce. With this sauce, the meat is very tender and juicy, but above all very tasty. To make it, chicken breast is usually used because, being a rather dry meat, it is perfect with this type of sauce. Optionally, the dish can be complemented with capers.
If you like meat with a light lemon flavor and enjoy a sauce that you can enjoy with some bread, this is the recipe for you! Read on and discover in Ineskohl.info how to make Chicken piccata following the original recipe.
Ingredients to make Chicken piccata:
- 8 chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 150 milliliters of white wine
- 500 milliliters of broth
- 1 jar of capers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
How to make Chicken piccata:
- Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper to taste, place the flour on a plate and roll the meat to coat it a little. This will make the Chicken piccata juicier.
- Put a frying pan or casserole on the heat, add a dash of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. When it is hot, brown the chicken fillets on both sides, take them out, and put them aside.
- In the same frying pan, and taking advantage of what has remained stuck to the Chicken, add another tablespoon of oil. Chop a couple of garlic, add them to the pan and let them cook over low heat until they begin to take color.
- When the garlic starts to color, pour in the white wine and let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until the alcohol evaporates. Squeeze the lemons, add some of the juice and a glass of broth. You can use homemade chicken stock or dissolve a stock cube or bouillon in a glass of hot water. Let the sauce cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Taste for salt, add a little more pepper if you like it, and decide if you feel like adding more lemon juice, as the final amount will depend on your taste.
- When the sauce has boiled for a few minutes, add the beef fillets and let the Chicken piccata cook for 3-4 minutes more. Then add a handful of capers and 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Taste the sauce to see if it is to your liking, especially the lemon, because if it is strong, you can lighten it with a bit of water.
- Stir the pan for 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens with the flour in the Chicken and that’s it. If the sauce is too light, put a little water in a glass, break up a spoonful of flour and add it. Serve this incredible Chicken piccata recipe in a serving dish with the sauce and add a handful of capers.
If you liked the recipe of Chicken piccata, we suggest you to visit our category of similar recipes
What to serve Chicken piccata with
The most common is to serve Chicken piccata with pasta, so you can boil spaghetti, tagliatelle or macaroni and add them to the pan if you want them to integrate with the sauce.