I love boiled corn! I always believed that it should be cooked in salted water and for a long time, to soften the kernels well… However, I was far from the truth!
It is enough to add two simple ingredients to the casserole to taste juicy, tender, and sweet corn. The result exceeds all expectations: it is the best I have ever tasted!
How to cook corn
For cooking, choose ears of sweet corn and the milky stage of ripening.
- 5 ears of corn
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 and a half tablespoons of butter
- Cut the corn cobs in half, and put them in a pot. Cover them completely with water and turn on the fire.
- When the water starts to boil, pour the milk into the pot and add the butter.
- Wait for the liquid to boil once more, then let it boil for another 10 minutes.
- Boiling the corn for hours is not necessary! The taste will have a rich, creamy flavor and a delicate, mild aroma thanks to these ingredients.
- To serve the cooked cobs, sprinkle them lightly with salt. Lovers of unusual flavors can also combine it with lemon juice, and don’t forget to give your friends this healthy and natural treat!
If you liked this How to Boil Corn on the Cob recipe, I recommend you visit the Dinner category for similar recipes.