Do you want a quick and easy sweet recipe to cook? Boston Fridge Cake is the quick and easy version of the traditional Boston cake. You’ll love it from the first bite. Light and creamy, this dessert is a favorite with everyone.
You have an unexpected dinner that’s just added to the schedule tonight and don’t know what to serve for dessert? Stop looking, here is the perfect dessert to serve to your guests who arrive unexpectedly.
This dessert is so versatile and so loved by everyone that you can serve it at your Mother’s Day reception without any fuss.
For the cake
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 package of graham crackers
- 1 container of 8 ounces of Cool Whip
- 2 packets of instant vanilla pudding
For the filling:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Line a 9 x 13-inch mold with parchment paper.
- Place a layer of graham crackers, the bottom of the pan must be completely covered.
- In a bowl, mix the pudding powder, Cool Whip, and milk.
- Spread half of the mixture evenly over the graham crackers.
- Add another layer of graham crackers and top with remaining pudding mixture.
- Then spread a final layer of graham crackers.
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the chocolate filling.
- Once all ingredients have melted and mixed well, remove from heat.
- Pour over graham crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
In the comment section, don’t hesitate to let us know what your favorite desserts are to be served when you have guests who show up at the last minute? You know, your desserts that always help you out when guests show up for dinner without warning.