Try this broccoli salad, and you will see that it is worth it. If you think broccoli is not for summer, this recipe will change your mind. A three-color vegan salad is brimming with vitamins and antioxidants. We tell you the step by step.
Nutritional properties of broccoli
If you search the Internet, you will find many positive words about broccoli; this vegetable is part of the cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower or Brussels sprouts. All these vegetables have many beneficial properties. Broccoli has 34 calories, but it is loaded with nutrients. Highlights the vitamin A 632 iu this is a high amount, next to vitamin A is vitamin C 53 mg, just the exact amount that has lemons.
Another important point to consume broccoli is its high content of antioxidants. Vitamin A provides them and vitamin C as well. Antioxidants are nutrients that favor our immune system; broccoli provides vitamin C, flavonoids such as kaempferol and quercetin. Carotenoids such as zeaxanthin and lutein and sulforaphane, a molecule that helps reduce the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 300 g broccoli
- 250 g sweet corn
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 3 pickled spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- We can make the broccoli the day before and have it already cooked and cold in the fridge. I tell you how to do it simply in the microwave.
- Drain the sweet corn and add to a bowl or salad, mix with the broccoli.
- Wash and finely chop the pickled spring onion, sweet bell pepper, and carrot, combine with the broccoli and corn—season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the dressing, adding the ingredients to a glass jar, shake and drizzle over the salad.