Do you need a dessert for a family dinner or a party, buttermilk pie will be your perfect choice.
I saw this beautiful pie at Eat cook, and I love it, and let’s say that it was a perfect fit because I had leftover buttermilk that was waiting to be eaten. The taste and texture are quite interesting, and it’s not too sweet. I’d say it’s a mix of egg pie and sugar pie, but you’ll have to try this little gem. It’s essential to use buttermilk from the grocery store because it has a taste you can’t find in homemade buttermilk. **We find buttermilk with creams, and it’s in a pint of 1 liter of creamy yellow color**.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f and place your pie crust on a pie plate.
- Refrigerate the dough until ready to use.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Normally, the pie does not seem to be fully cooked inside.
- Let it rest for 45 minutes before cutting.
If you liked this Buttermilk Pie Recipe, I recommend you visit Desserts category for similar recipes.
I will be making this for my husband. He loves Buttermilk pie. Tks so much for the recipe.