Shrimp and Italian sausages go perfectly together in this delicious dish seasoned with a mixture of Cajun spices. With potatoes, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper and zucchini, this recipe will surely please everyone around your table.
- 340 g (3/4 lb) (1 bag) raw shrimp 31-40, peeled
- 4 Italian sausages, strong or mild, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 L (4 cups) small potatoes, cut in half
- 2 ears of corn, cut into pieces
- 500 ml (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini, diced
CAJUN SPICE BLEND
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) paprika
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) garlic powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) onion powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) celery powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) dried oregano
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) dried thyme
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) cayenne pepper or flake peppers (optional)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the Cajun spice mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 30 ml (92 tablespoons) of the mixture in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, place the small potatoes, sausage pieces, onion, corn cobs, cherry tomatoes, peppers and zucchini. Add the spice mixture and mix well to coat.
- Place the contents of the bowl on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix shrimp with 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the reserved mixture.
- Place shrimp on baking sheet over vegetables. Return to the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.