I love waffles; in my blog, you can find more recipes to prepare healthy waffles . Today I bring you the recipe for waffles made with red bean batter. As in all sweet recipes with beans, the flavor of the beans is not appreciated. These waffles have a perfect texture from my point of view, tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
It is a healthy dessert, snack or lunch for children. Rich in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. I like waffles because you can accompany them with whatever you like, chocolate (without sugar better 😉), yogurt with red fruits, and sugar-free jam.
If you want a gluten-free dessert, simply add gluten-free oat flour or millet flour, or whatever you have gluten-free.
- 200 g cooked red kidney beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (mild olive)
- 4 tablespoons of oat or spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon of natural cocoa
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (sweeten to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Whisk well all the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the batter into the hot waffle maker.
- With this amount of ingredients, you can make four waffles. If you want to make more, double the ingredients.
- You can use a hand mixer or a mixer to make the batter.
- If you are thinking of buying a waffle maker, I recommend a powerful one, shortening the preparation time.