Perfect for a party, this creamy cheesecake has baked apple slices.
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, ground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unpeeled apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup caramel glaze
- Frozen whipped frosting, thawed
- 1 medium apple, sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl or deep bowl, mix together the crushed cookies, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Spoon in the apples. Pour the mixture into the pan lined with the crushed crackers.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until firm. Let cool 15 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake; remove side of pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate 1 hour until iced. Top individual servings with caramel frosting and apple slices.
Drizzle a little caramel glaze on each plate and top with a slice of cheesecake for a party. Top each serving with additional caramel frosting, whipped topping, and apple slices.
Use crushed chocolate graham crackers for a chocolate crust.