Certainly one of my favorite dishes, easy, fast, and delicious!
Believe me, you’ll never want to eat stir-fry ordered from the local restaurant again. This recipe is also healthier, full of broccoli and “real” chicken, versus the mysterious sauce-filled part of the restaurant.
- 1 pound of cubed chicken breast
- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce :
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup of flour
- In a saucepan, heat 1 spoonful of oil.
- Season and brown the chicken on all sides. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra oil and add the mushrooms. Once softened, add the broccoli and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender but still slightly crunchy. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
- Add the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Return chicken and vegetables to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice of your choice.
Note: This recipe makes 6 servings.