Chicken biscuit casserole is a delicious meal. Everyone loves this version of chicken pot pie. Serve with a good green salad.
Preparation: 30min ‘ Cooking: 20min ‘ Ready in : 50min
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup of 10% or 15% cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 roll (340) puff pastry dough, refrigerated (Pillsbury style)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook onion, celery and carrots about 15 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas, parsley, thyme and flour; cook, stirring, until vegetables are covered with flour and begin to fry, about 5 minutes. Add and whisk in broth and cream; cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and add the cooked chicken pieces.
- Transfer to a 4-litre baking dish and place the puff pastry cookies on top. Brush the top of the cookie dough with the egg yolk and water mixture.
- Bake until the tops of the cookies are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.