Indulge in the taste of homemade Tender Chicken Cakes with Ineskohl Kitchen’s step-by-step recipe. Perfectly juicy and flaky, these chicken cakes are great for family meals or sandwich fillings.
Welcome to Ineskohl Kitchen! Today, I’m thrilled to introduce you to a delightful and nutritious recipe that’s perfect for any occasion: Tender Chicken Cakes. Not only are they incredibly tasty, but they also boast a unique flaky texture that sets them apart from regular ground chicken patties. Ideal for family dinners or as a mouthwatering sandwich filling, these chicken cakes are guaranteed to impress.
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup of instant oats
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Prepare the Chicken: Start by cutting the chicken breast horizontally into two pieces. Then, finely chop each part into small dices. This step is crucial for achieving the tender and flaky texture that makes these cakes so special.
- Transfer to a Bowl: Place all the chopped chicken into a large mixing bowl.
- Add Onion: Peel and finely dice the yellow onion, then add it to the bowl with the chicken.
- Include Herbs and Seasoning: Chop the fresh cilantro and add it to the bowl. Add the instant oats, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Combine the Ingredients: Crack the two eggs into the bowl and stir everything together until well combined. The mixture should be uniform.
- Refrigerate the Mixture: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. This helps the mixture set and makes it easier to form the cakes.
- Shape the Chicken Cakes: Using a cookie scoop or your hands, portion the mixture onto a large cooking sheet or cutting board. Form the chicken cakes with your hands. You should be able to make about 15 cakes in total.
- Fry the Cakes: Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken patties, taking care to not overcrowd the pan. Fry them for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You may need to fry them in two batches.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once the patties are cooked to a golden brown, transfer them to a platter. They’re now ready to be enjoyed, either hot or cold!
Thanks for cooking with me today at Ineskohl Kitchen! If you liked this recipe and want more like it, don’t hesitate to visit my blog at Ineskohl Kitchen. Happy cooking!