You don’t have to boil or drain the pasta to make this dish. Simply stir the uncooked pasta into your sauce and chicken mixture before simmering. The pasta will be delicious, as it will have absorbed all the fabulous flavors of this dish.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups of No Salt Added Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until brown. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in soup and broth; mix well. Stir in penne and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peas. Cook 3 minutes or until the penne is tender and chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Tips and Recipes
- Serve this dish with a green salad or Caesar salad.
- Save time by using pre-hatched garlic, available in a jar or squeezable tube, often found in the produce aisle.
- Turn this recipe into a Parmesan, Pepper, and Chicken Pasta in one pan by tossing 1 tsp (5 mL) of cracked black pepper into the mixture before sprinkling with cheese and basil.