- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) beans, cut into small pieces
- 125 mL (½ cup) diced carrots
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 1 can (284 mL/10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh basil or 10 mL (2 tsp) dried basil
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) frozen or canned peas
- 750 mL (3 cups) cubed cooked chicken
- 2 shortcrust pastry sheets, each 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil and cook beans, carrots, and onion for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium-low heat in another saucepan and stir in flour. Cook until mixture is foamy (white roux), then let cool.
- Using a skimmer, remove vegetables from the broth and set them aside. Gradually pour the broth over the roux and whisk vigorously. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes to bind the sauce.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and basil. Add reserved vegetables, peas, and chicken—season to taste.
- Line a pie pan with a piece of pastry and brush the edges with a beaten egg. Place the chicken mixture in the pastry case. Cover with the other layer and press the edges together. Trim excess dough.
- Pierce the center of the pie with the tip of a knife and brush the surface with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
If you liked this Chicken Pie Pot Recipe, I recommend you visit Dinner category for similar recipes.
I saw the ham & pot as to soup recipe and wanted to get the recipe. I’ve been watching fot one. Then I checked more into the posting and there’s the Mac and cheese recipe I want. I’m hooked! Yum!! Joanie in Ohio
I have made this and my family likes it a lot.
HOW DO I PRINT THE RECIPE?