Today I present a delicious brownie cake, also gluten-free because it is made with almonds. Recommended for everyone. You have to try it!
this recipe is a moist sponge cake, chocolate, filled with jam (which seemed unnecessary since it is quite moist, but good anyway) and with a very juicy chocolate icing.
My friends loved it, and I agree, it’s a great recipe!
Ingredients for the cake:
- 120 grams of couverture chocolate
- 200 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of butter or margarine
- 6 eggs
- 180 grams of ground almonds or raw almonds
Ingredients for the filling: jam (optional) although you can fill it with whipped cream, leave it without filling…
Ingredients for the topping:
- 200 grams of couverture chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 50 milliliters of cream
- 100 grams of powdered sugar (optional, if you don’t like the strong taste of dark chocolate)
Note: all ingredients are labeled GLUTEN FREE.
- First of all, and if it is a kitchen like mine where you cook with gluten, you must be careful that everything is very clean, the utensils that we are going to use are new or very clean (preferably aluminum, which is not porous and there is no danger. In this case, I used some aluminum bowls, aluminum rods, some NEW wooden skewers to prick the cake, and a tab that I use only for gluten-free things.
- Beat the sugar with the butter until it is well integrated.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and add the yolks two by two until you get a smooth cream; melt the chocolate and add it while stirring well. Add the ground almonds and continue beating.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt (well whipped, as in the photo, and add it with enveloping movements with the help of a tongue.
- We put it in a mold (if it is for a person with celiac disease we will use an exclusive mold for gluten-free preparations or we will completely line the mold with baking paper, like mine in the photo).
- We put it in the oven at 175 ° C, heat down for 35-45 minutes, the last 8/10 minutes heat up and down until when you prick with the stick we see that comes out spotted but dry.
- Let cool, cut in half, and fill with marmalade (bitter orange is a luxury, but the children do not go much).
- For the topping, heat all the ingredients in the microwave (sift the sugar and dissolve it first in the cream), stir until the chocolate is completely melted, and cover the cake.