This chocolate and orange cake will make you look like a pastry chef. The recipe is simple and the result is impressive in presentation and taste.
For the cake
- 1 plain unsweetened yogurt (if you want to increase the citrus flavor use a lemon yogurt)
- 2 measures of the small glass of flour yogurt
- Two measures of sugar
- 2 measures of cocoa powder
- 1 measure of mild olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- One sachet of baking powder
- Juice and grated zest of one orange
- Orange marmalade for filling
- 1 pinch of salt
For the topping
- 1 75 g dark chocolate bar
- 50 ml of liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Beat the yolks with the sugar until they whiten and double in size. Add the yogurt and the oil and continue beating. Add the juice and zest. Mix well.
- Sift the flour and cocoa over this mixture and integrate so that no lumps are formed.
- Finally, we whip the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and integrate them with enveloping and smooth movements.
- We put the mixture in a greased mold and bake it at 180º for about 40 minutes until it is well cooked. It is necessary to put it in the middle part of the oven with heat up and down and without opening the oven until the cake has risen.
- Once baked we let it warm up inside the oven.
- Once the cake is cool, cut it in half carefully and fill it with the jam.
For the topping:
- When the cake is completely cold and filled with the jam put the cream on the fire and when it starts to boil add the chocolate in ounces and stir, always over low heat, until it dissolves and integrates well. Remove from the heat, add the butter, and stir. Put the frosting on the cake and spread with a spatula. Decorate with orange zest.