Christmas is approaching, I thought of making an appetizer that everyone at home would like.
I thought of preparing these Popcorn Balls with Caramel because they are ideal for enjoying an after-dinner snack, decorating a children’s party, or giving the sweet tooth this Christmas.
So I hope you will be encouraged to make these Popcorn Balls because they are a delight, and you will see how they fly off the table.
And you already know that if you have any questions to make these Popcorn Balls, you can tell me in the comments, and I will answer you as soon as possible. And if you liked the recipe, share it on your social networks.
Today I explain to you the steps to make some original Caramel Popcorn Balls ideal for a snack or for the little ones to enjoy. Enjoy them!
Author: Ineskohl Kitchen
Type of recipe: Dessert
Servings: 16 Balls
- 1 bag of popcorn for the microwave oven
For the caramel
- 140 grams of white Sugar
- A splash of Water
- 80 ml of Whipping Cream (35% fat) or Whipping Cream
- 20 grams of unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons Agave Syrup (Optional)
STEP BY STEP
- First, put the bag of popcorn in the microwave and follow the directions on the package.
- Then, put the Cream and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it.
- Then in another bowl, add the Sugar with a splash of water and heat it over medium heat until it turns golden brown. It is important not to stir at any time. Once the caramel has turned golden brown, please remove it from the heat and immediately add the cream and butter mixture to boil so that the caramel does not splash on it. Now, all we have to do is pour the warm caramel over the popcorn, which will already be cold, and stir well so that all of them are impregnated.
- We must grease our hands with a little oil to make the balls and make them the size we want. We can also put a stick as if they were cake pops, and for this, we only have to dip one end in the caramel.
- Let them harden on baking paper.
– Corn: I recommend that when you take the popcorn out of the bag, try to remove the kernels that have not exploded because if you leave them when you eat, a ball can be annoying.
– Agave syrup: The two tablespoons are optional, but I assure you that it gives a great flavor to the caramel. You can use either syrup or agave syrup.