If you want to prepare simple whole wheat spelt pizza dough that is healthier than pizza doughs with white flours, is very good, do not miss this easy recipe that Ineskohl Kitchen offers you to prepare homemade whole wheat spelt pizza. You no longer have an excuse not to make it yourself at home, so take note of the ingredients and follow this step by step to discover it.
Ingredients to make pizza dough:
- 3 cups of whole wheat spelt flour.
- 200 milliliters of warm water
- 1 spoon of salt
- 2.7 tsp of yeast
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
How to make pizza dough:
- To start preparing this whole wheat spelt pizza dough, dissolve the fresh yeast in the warm water. It is important that the water is not cold to activate the yeast.
- Next, place the whole wheat spelt flour in a bowl and add the water with the yeast, the oil and the salt. Mix well until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Now sprinkle a little more flour on a work surface and knead this whole wheat spelt pizza dough for 5 to 10 minutes until we obtain a flexible dough, but that does not stick to our fingers.
- Tip: If the pizza dough is too dry, we can add a little more water but without overdoing it.
- Then, we will make a ball with the whole wheat spelt dough and let it rest for about 1 hour in the same bowl covered with plastic wrap or a clean cloth to double its volume.
- Once the dough has risen, cut it into four pieces (one for each spelt pizza) and stretch each one with a rolling pin, placing them better between two vegetable papers so that they do not stick to the work surface.
- Once you have stretched the whole wheat spelt pizza dough, you only have to place the ingredients of your choice on top and bake it at 180º C so that it is ready.
Tip: If you do not make the pizzas immediately, you can freeze the dough without any problem.
If you liked the recipe for Whole wheat spelt pizza dough, we suggest you to visit our Pizza Recipes category.