- 1 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut (preferably coarse)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of liquid vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup regular sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut milk (or whole milk if not available)
Filling and Icing:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 400 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup fine sugar (possible if desired)
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder (optional, but it gives the coating a better texture)
- Extra shredded coconut to sprinkle on top, sides, and between layers
How to Prepare:
- Beat the eggs well with vanilla.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add the butter and oil and continue whisking until the mixture becomes light in color and light
- Add the coconut milk alternately with the flour (sifted with baking powder and salt) and coconut, but without over-whipping, so that the cake remains light.
- The mixture is administered in a greased tray sprinkled with flour or coated with (paper parchment) about 25 cm in diameter (if you like the cake to be high and with three layers) or a wider tray (here it is divided into two layers only and not three when filling).
- Bake in an oven with average temperature of about 170 ° C (preheated) for approximately 35 – 40 minutes.
- You come out and turn over a metal mesh to cool completely
- Heat a quarter cup of the liquid cream and remove it from the stove and sprinkle gelatin over it and leave for five minutes until it puffs, then stir well until it melts.
- Mix the cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth and light.
- Add cream and gelatin and mix well until it is firm. (Important note: if gelatin is used, it must be applied immediately before it freezes)
- The cake is cut into three equal cross sections with a saw knife.
- Approximately one third of the cream amount is used to fill it between the layers, sprinkle an amount of coconut on top of each filling layer, then distribute the rest on the surface and sides.
- Sprinkle extra coconut on top and sides.
- The cake is placed in the refrigerator for at least two hours before it is served and it is always returned to the refrigerator.
I love all your Recipe that sure are delicious everyone I’ve tried so far so just keep on doing the good work and send them recipes yours truly Brenda
Looks yummy. Hope to try this with Gluten Free flour
Thanks for sharing your recipes. They’re delicious!!!