Traditional dish coming straight from the south of the United States and powerful even its roots in Native American cuisine, cornbread is a delicacy that can be eaten both for dessert and as an accompaniment, thanks to the natural sugar of corn which gives it its typical sweetness! Although cornbread does not correspond to a vegan and gluten-free diet, it will nevertheless delight lovers of the healthy and original food.
Here is an old-fashioned recipe for cornbread, easy and quick to prepare. To enjoy without feeling sad, we offer you a version with no added sugar, 0% yogurt, and low-fat butter for a result as dietetic as it is delicious. To your forks!
Number of people: 4
Cooking time: 25 min
Preparation time: 15 min
- 100 grams of organic corn semolina
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 25 grams of light butter
- 15 grams of 0% yogurt to drink
Prepare the mold:
- Start the oven to preheat while you butter the sides of the chosen pan.
Prepare the dough:
- In a large salad bowl, pour the flour and organic cornmeal, yeast, and a pinch of salt. Once these dry ingredients are combined, add the 0% yogurt, the egg, and beat with a whisk or a thermomix. If necessary, you can add a few drops of milk to make your dough smoother. Add the butter previously melted in the microwave.
- Pour the dough into the buttered pan and bake for 25 minutes, until the cake is puffy and golden brown.
- Taste it now!
- Cornbread can be eaten hot, sliced, as a snack or to accompany a meal!