Crab cakes are a delicious seafood dish. They are usually made of crab meat that is mixed with other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, eggs, and seasonings.
Crab cakes are usually served hot or cold. They can be pan-fried or deep-fried. If they are served cold, they can be dressed with mayonnaise or tartar sauce.
The best way to cook them is to fry them in a skillet with some oil until they turn golden brown on both sides and then bake them for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
For the sauce:
- 500 ml mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kimchi
- 1 red chili
For the cakes:
- 1 fresh onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 500 g cooked crab meat
- 20-30 crushed crackers
To coat the cakes:
- Panko (a type of flaky bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ litter seed oil for frying
- First, we mix in a bowl the mayonnaise, the hot sauce, the Worcestershire sauce, and the mustard.
- In another bowl, we shred the crab meat well. Mix it with the onion, the chopped peppers, and the sauce we have just prepared. We incorporate the crushed crackers until we get a moldable mixture to form the meatballs.
- When we have the meatballs ready, we flatten them slightly, pass them through flour, beaten egg, and panko, and fry them in a frying pan with abundant hot oil.
- Once the crab cakes are fried, drain the excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl and mix with the kimchi and a few slices of red chili.
- Set aside.
- Serve the crab cakes accompanied by a sauce.