Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are a variation of the popular Mexican enchiladas. The corn tortillas with which the enchiladas are prepared to originate from the gastronomy inherited from the indigenous people.
The protein in the Swiss enchiladas is in the chicken meat. Chicken is an excellent source of high biological value proteins, which help in the formation of body tissues. These proteins help in the development of muscles and intervene in the functioning of the metabolism.
On the other hand, cheese, being a dairy derivative, has all the benefits of milk. It is a source of calcium, important in the formation of teeth and bones, especially during childhood.
For the enchiladas:
- 2 spoonfuls of olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups of grated manchego cheese
- 150 g of cream cheese
- Go out
- 8 corn tortillas
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup chicken broth (50 mL)
- 1 cup of sour cream (200 mL)
- One chili (optional)
- 400 g of tomatoes
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
How to prepare Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas:
- Put a pan with water and a touch of salt. Boil the chicken breasts until they are completely cooked. When they are cold, shred, and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce. Cut the tomatoes in half and do the same with the peppers. Heat a pan with water and cook the tomatoes with the chilies until the tomatoes are completely cooked.
- Grind the tomatoes, the chilies, the onion, the garlic, some sprigs of coriander, the sour cream, and the chicken broth for the sauce.
- Heat a saucepan with a trickle of oil. When it is hot, lower the heat to low and fry the sauce for 15 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- It can also be convenient to add a touch of sugar, to compensate for the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil. Fry the tortillas on both sides for one minute and drain.
- Place the tortillas on a baking tray, fill with cream cheese and chicken. Dip in the sauce and cover with the grated cheese. Grill for five minutes in the oven and serve hot.
This delicious recipe will please all kinds of guests. Prepare it, serve it freshly grilled, and you will have a guaranteed success.