Would you like to bake an excellent cranberry bread that’s soft and appetizing?
This one is so good that you’ll want to eat it even at breakfast!
- 2 cups (500 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 packet cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Lightly grease a rectangular loaf pan with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- One at a time beat the eggs in the previous mixture and then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, stirring until well incorporated.
- Gently fold cranberries into the mixture without crushing them.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
And that’s all there is to it! A cranberry and cream cheese bread with a great looking texture!