We are in the holiday season, and meals with family and friends are in sight. Of course, the traditional poultry is in the spotlight, but a lighter meal, especially one that does not require a long time in the kitchen, will not be refused.
With this in mind, I propose a delicious shrimp dish, quite consensual and ready in no time, which I served with good Sicilian handmade pasta. If you like shrimps, you will, without any doubt, enjoy it!
Ingredients (for 3 people):
- 1.21 lb. of raw shrimp, gross weight or 0.7 lb. net weight
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 60 ml white wine or chicken stock (white wine for me)
- 170 ml of liquid cream (full cream for me)
- 1/2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or more if desired)
- Peel the shrimp.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil. Add shrimp and cook for a few minutes, stirring until they change color and turn pink. Set aside.
- Add the butter and crushed garlic to the pan. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze with the white wine and stir, scraping up the juices from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the liquid cream and cook for 4-5 minutes. The sauce will reduce a little.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese, stir and cook for about 1 minute until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimps and chopped basil and mix. Ready to serve!
- Serve with pasta (homemade linguine bought in Sicily during the last vacations).