Are you looking for a tasty lunch, but you’re out of ideas? The following recipe may be just what you’re looking for. You’ll make some of your co-workers jealous; they’ll all want your recipe.
This pasta salad combines 7 fresh vegetables, delicious pasta, and an easy, creamy Italian dressing, ingredients that can only create a real treat.
This salad can be used as a lunch or a side dish. This delicious salad can also be found in your cold buffet at your next reception, for your Mother’s Day party for example.
Don’t wait any longer and prepare it tonight!
For the creamy Italian dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 English cucumber (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 300 grams of Barilla Penne Rigate pasta (cooked as indicated on the package)
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley (or coriander, if you wish)
For the vinaigrette
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, honey, parmesan, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
For the salad:
- In a large salad bowl, add the broccoli, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, and carrots.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. Add pasta to bowl with vegetables.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss.
- Sprinkle with green onions and parsley.