Slow cooking meatballs is an excellent way to make juicy, tender, flavorful meatballs. Crockpot cooking makes the act of making these tasty treats easier than ever before. The recipe below will provide you with the method to cook your crockpot meatballs to enjoy them anytime you want a quick and easy meal.
I love using my crockpot because it makes cooking easier. You can put everything in the pot and let it do all the work for you.
Cooking meatballs in a crockpot is a great way to make them because they cook evenly and don’t get dry like they might if cooked on the stovetop or baked in the oven.
Sweet and sour and tangy, these meatballs are perfect for serving over rice!
- 2 pounds (908 grams) ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 22 soda crackers, crumbled (saltine crackers)
- 1/3 cup (56 grams) minced onion
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- ½ teaspoon (3 ml) chili powder
- ½ teaspoon (3 ml) paprika
- ½ teaspoon (3 ml) cumin
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) pepper
Buffalo Honey Sauce
- ¼ cup (65 ml) Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- ¼ cup (65 ml) honey
- ¼ cup (65 ml) apricot jelly
- ¼ cup (50 grams) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon (23 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, then add all the meatball ingredients and mix well. Form the mixture into balls and place them on the baking sheet—Bake for 8 to 10 minutes to brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the honey buffalo sauce.
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with the meatballs, then cover with some of the sauce, layer with the remaining meatballs and pour in the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring halfway through.