American deviled eggs are a popular recipe in the United States, especially in the country’s southern part. It is an appetizer that is brought to the table during the Easter season to be shared with the family. But due to the ease of preparation of this recipe, at any time, it is perfect for enjoying these stuffed eggs. The flavor of the hot sauce features this preparation. Depending on your guests’ taste, the strength of the spice can be increased or decreased. Besides, other foods can also be incorporated into the recipe, such as olives, capers, or other vegetables. Currently, American deviled eggs are so popular that they are often served at meetings and children’s parties.
The eggs are full of protein and provide the amino acids that the body needs. This helps build the muscle tissue, the building of the cells, and the immune system’s function. The egg yolk contains two nutrients called Lutein and zeaxanthin. These carotenoid components are antioxidants that help prevent visual diseases. It is a fundamental food for pregnant women because it benefits the formation of the fetus’s nervous system.
- 8 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce (or the desired amount)
- 2 stalks of chives
- 2 tablespoons of paprika powder
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a pan with enough water, place the eggs. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes, once it reaches boiling temperature.
- After this time, remove the eggs from the heat and let them rest in the same saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Once the 5 minutes ends, place ice and water in a different bowl.
- Remove the eggs from the hot water and place them in the bowl with ice and cold water. Leave for 5 minutes. This makes it easier to remove the shells.
- Remove the shells from the eggs and cut them in half. Remove the yolks and keep the whites in the shape of a canoe.
- In a bowl, mash the yolks with a fork, add the mustard, the mayonnaise, the hot sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Put the previous mixture in the eggs in the place of yolk previously.
- Wash and cut the chives or parsley into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the stuffed eggs with paprika powder and chopped chives or parsley.
- Put the stuffed eggs in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve it cold.