Hey there, Ineskohl Kitchen friends! Today, I am thrilled to share with you a unique and delightful recipe – Coca-Cola Cake. This cake has a subtle Coca-Cola flavor and is topped with a rich Coca-Cola frosting. Let’s jump right in and start baking this delicious cake!
Can I substitute Pepsi or another cola for Coca-Cola in this cake recipe?
While Coca-Cola is my personal favorite for this cake, you can definitely use Pepsi or another cola of your choice. Just keep in mind that different colas may slightly alter the taste of the cake, so choose one that you enjoy drinking.
How long can I store the Coca-Cola Cake?
A: You can store the Coca-Cola Cake at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days. If you need to store it for a longer period, you can refrigerate it for up to a week. Just be sure to bring it back to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.
Is it possible to freeze the Coca Cola Cake?
Indeed, you can store the Coca-Cola Cake in the freezer. Ensure it’s securely wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in a sealed container or a freezer-friendly bag. The cake can be frozen for a maximum of three months. To enjoy it, simply let the cake defrost in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 (12-ounce) cans of Coca-Cola, divided
- 1/2 cup natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish with a light coating of baking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup unsalted butter, 1 (12-ounce) can of Coca-Cola, and 1/2 cup cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat, whisking until the butter is melted. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the cooled Coca-Cola mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract to the batter. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 28-40 minutes, depending on your pan type. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs or clean. Allow the cake to cool while preparing the frosting.
- For the frosting, pour the remaining (12-ounce) can of Coca-Cola into a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until the Coca-Cola is reduced to between 1/3 and 1/2 cup (about 7-10 minutes).
- Add 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the reduced Coca-Cola. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder until smooth. Add 4 cups of powdered sugar gradually, whisking until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the frosting over the warm cake, spreading it evenly with a spatula. Allow the cake and frosting to cool completely before serving. Optionally, serve the cake slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy this scrumptious Coca-Cola Cake recipe with your friends and family! Please let me know your thoughts on this delightful dessert, as I always love hearing from you. Happy baking!