- 2 cups of Flour with yeast.
- 2 1/2 cups of icing sugar.
- 3 Tbsp. Powdered cocoa powder (well heaped).
- 1 tsp. Sodium bicarbonate.
- 250 gr. Butter
- 200 ml. Coca-cola (the original recipe 250 ml)
- 225 ml. Whole milk (original recipe 125 ml)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 200 gr. fondant chocolate
- 200 ml. liquid cream
- 65 gr. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Coca-cola.
- Sift the Flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Beat the eggs and add the liquid vanilla.
- In a saucepan, we are melting the butter, the fire must not be very strong since it should not boil, and when it is liquid, we add the coca-cola we let it mix well for a few minutes. We add the milk, mix well a few seconds more, and remove it from the fire.
- In the bowl where we have the flour mixture, add the beaten eggs and the melted butter mixture, stirring while adding it. Mix gently until a smooth batter is obtained.
- Dough without lumps.
- Pour it into a mold, previously greased and floured, and put it in the oven at 175º for about 1 hour. This depends on each oven; go looking with a toothpick, and when nothing sticks to it, the cake is ready.
- When it is finished, leave it in the oven for a few minutes with the oven door open to not break the heat chain. After this time, we take it out of the oven and let it rest while preparing the frosting.
- The frosting is not the original of the cake because, for my taste, it was too sweet and very sandy, so I prepared a chocolate frosting, flavoured with coca-cola, with an excellent flavour. I made it in the thermomix, but you can do the same in a bain-marie.
- Put the cream in the glass and program 5 minutes, at temperature 100 and speed 1.
- Continue on speed 1, without temperature, and add the chocolate in small pieces one by one, through the mouth of the lid. When we observe that it is completely melted, it is fast; add the butter and the coca-cola.
- Slowly increase the speed until everything is well mixed.
Add the topping to the cake, which will still be hot, and put it in the refrigerator. Unmold when you are going to serve it. If we take it from one day to another better, it will have a more accentuated flavour.
That’s all, try it and let me know.