This earthquake cake is a trend this week… So if you don’t have this recipe yet, here it is.
- 1 cup of chopped coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f and butter a 9 × 13 pan.
- Place a layer of chopped coconut in the pan, then add a layer of pecans on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mixture with the eggs, water, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the cake batter over the pecans.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and cream cheese.
- Transfer the melted mixture to a bowl, stir in the powdered sugar, and whip to a nice smooth texture, then add the vanilla.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the top of the cake batter, then swirl with a knife.
- Garnish with chocolate chips. Bake for 50 minutes.