Indulge in the creamiest chocolate fudge you’ll ever make. With just 5 ingredients and a few minutes in the microwave, you’ll have rich, smooth, chocolatey fudge that rivals any candy shop.
This easy no-cook chocolate fudge comes together quickly with just a few minutes in the microwave. The sweetened condensed milk gives it an ultra creamy and smooth texture while the chocolate chips provide rich decadent chocolate flavor. Perfect for gifting or keeping all to yourself!
Can I use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet?
Yes, you can use milk chocolate chips. The fudge will have a sweeter and milder chocolate flavor.
What kind of butter should I use?
Use an unsalted butter for the best flavor. Salted butters can make the fudge too salty.
Do I have to microwave the fudge? Can I melt it on the stovetop?
You can melt the fudge over a double boiler on the stovetop instead of the microwave if you prefer. Just be sure to stir it frequently.
How long does the fudge keep for?
Stored airtight in the refrigerator, the fudge will keep fresh for up to 1 month. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
What should I line the pan with?
You can line your fudge pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This will allow you to lift out the finished fudge cleanly.
Can I make this nut-free?
Yes, absolutely! Simply leave out any nuts or nut products and it will be safe for nut allergies.
Can I add flavorings or mix-ins?
Feel free to customize with extracts like peppermint, peanut butter chips, toffee, candies, or nuts.
What kind of pan should I use?
Any square baking pan will work. Standard sizes are 8×8, 9×9, or even 9×13 inches.
- 510g (18oz) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 57g (2oz) Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 397g (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 Can)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Add the chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir well after microwaving.
- Continue microwaving in 30 second bursts on 50% power, stirring very well after each burst, until the chocolate and butter are just melted when stirred, about 1-2 minutes total.
- Once melted, add the vanilla and salt. Stir until fully incorporated.
- At this point the fudge will still look chunky and unappetizing. Continue microwaving on 50% power in 30 second bursts, stirring very thoroughly after each burst, until the fudge is smooth, shiny, and has a pudding-like texture, about 1 minute longer.
- Pour the fudge into a foil-lined 8×8 inch pan and smooth the top with a spatula. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Chill the fudge completely in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
- Remove the fudge from the pan by lifting out the foil, then cut into small squares with a warm knife for clean cuts. Enjoy!
- Use good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips for the best flavor. Go for brands like Guittard or Ghirardelli.
- Stir the fudge very well at each stage. This prevents scorching and yields a smooth, velvety texture.
- Chilling the fudge after makes it easier to cut cleanly. Run your knife under hot water and wipe dry between each cut.
- Customize your fudge with mix-ins! Try peanut butter chips, toffee bits, crushed candy canes, or chopped nuts.
- Make it dairy-free by swapping the butter for coconut oil.
- Gift squares of fudge stacked in cute jars or boxes for perfect edible holiday gifts!