The best 7 layer bean dip recipe!
So what exactly are all the layers in the seven-layer bean dip? In this version, the layers included are seasoned sauteed beans, zesty guacamole, creamy sour cream, tangy cheese, rich olives, fresh sweet tomatoes, and savory green onions.
In other words, there’s so much goodness to pile on a crispy tortilla chip!
Sure, it may be a party dish, but I’ve been known to cook it sometimes for lunch, or a snack. It’s a dinner that ends because you don’t know when to stop with it!
And it’s one of those foods that everyone knows and loves. You can’t go wrong with the classics. Make it a watch, it disappears before your eyes!
This 7 layer dip is the ultimate party food! 7 layers of goodness – sauteed beans, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, olives, tomatoes, and green onions. No one can resist!
Servings: 10 servings
Preparation time 20 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) can of Rosarita Traditional Stir-Fry Beans
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel diced tomatoes and drained green chilies (use Mild if you don’t like a lot of heat)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz. Fresh cream
- 1/2 (6 oz can) sliced black olives
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium bowl, combine the sauteed beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt / 1/4 tsp pepper). Spread mixture in an even layer in a 7 x 11-inch baking dish.
- Mash avocado with lime juice. Stir in cilantro and season with remaining 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and salt to taste. Spread an even layer over the bean layer in a baking dish, then spread sour cream over the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle cheese and black olives over the sour cream layer, then top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips. The dip can be made a day ahead, just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.