A recipe that comes from my grandmother: a white cake prepared with a lemon-lime soft drink. An original, simple, and good dessert.
Ready in: 1h45min
For the cake :
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 cup of 7 Up®
For the glaze :
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Generously grease a chimney mold.
- Beat the sugar with the butter with electric beaters until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in the flour, then the lemon extract and soft drink. Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 75 minutes. Unmould as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Beat the powdered sugar with the milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over the hot cake.