Ingredients (4 pers.)
For the dough
- 3 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baker’s yeast
- 5cl of warm water
- 10cl of warm milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted soft butter
- 1 egg
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the filling
- 100 gram of soft butter
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons of powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1.5cl of milk for brushing
For the icing:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 100g of fresh cheese
- 3 cl of hot water
- An oven
- A salad bowl
- A clean tea towel
- A whisk
- A knife
- A soup spoon
- Ovenproof dish
This pastry is so delicious that I wanted to share it with you.
For the dough
- Dissolve the baker’s yeast in the warm milk and water mixture.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the egg and the water – milk – yeast mixture.
- Knead vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (it makes the arms!), then let the dough rest at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Mix the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Spread this mixture on the dough, then roll the dough lengthwise.
- Cut out 10 small rolls, place them in an ovenproof pan, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 1 hour at room temperature until they have puffed up.
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Brush the rolls with the milk and bake for about 15 minutes (they should be golden brown).
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and water and pour over the hot rolls.