Look how appetizing this wonderful cake looks! And not only does it look spectacular, but it is also very delicious and it is extremely easy to prepare! It is a phenomenal dessert, perfect for the most special occasions in your life! The fluffy and juicy texture and the intense aroma of oranges and limes will surely surprise your guests. Worth a try!
- 1¾ cups + 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 glass of sugar (or powdered sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 3.2 (3 1/4 ) teaspoons of gelatin
- ¾ glass of orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon)
- lemon or lime peel (optional)
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp of butter (soft)
- 2/5 US cup of cream cheese
- ¼ glass of powdered sugar
Method of preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Whisk the eggs hard with sugar or powdered sugar. (With powdered sugar, the foam comes out more successful.)
3. Heat the orange juice and add the gelatin. Mix the composition until the gelatin dissolves completely.
4. Combine the flour with the orange juice and mix the composition well.
5. Add the egg foam and lime juice (or lemon) and mix the dough carefully (for a more delicious result, you can add a little lemon or lime zest to the dough).
6. Pour the dough into the baking tin and bake for about 20 minutes (depending on the size of the baking tin and the number of tops. Check if they are ready with a toothpick).
7. Remove the worktop from a kitchen towel, cover with another towel and allow to cool. After it has cooled, cut the worktop lengthwise into 2 equal sheets.
8. Prepare the cream. Mix the butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy.
9. Grease the cake sheets with the prepared cream.
10. Decorate the cake with lime zest (orange or lemon) and the slices of lime or lemon.
11. The cake is ready! Enjoy with pleasure!
Note: You can choose any shape for this cake – round, square, or rectangular. If you have chosen to bake the top in a rectangular tray, you need to divide the dough into 2 and bake the sheets in 2 steps. If you use a round shape, bake all the dough, then (when it’s ready) divide it into as many sheets as you want. I baked it in a round shape and then cut it with kitchen thread.